What is Vueling Airlines?
Vueling Airlines is a low-cost airline based in Spain. It was founded in 2004 and operates flights to destinations in Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East. The airline is known for its low-cost fares and its fleet of Airbus A320 aircraft.
Vueling is a subsidiary of International Airlines Group (IAG), which also owns British Airways, Iberia, and Aer Lingus. The main base of Vueling is at Barcelona-El Prat Airport, with additional bases at Madrid-Barajas Airport and Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport in Rome.
It was founded in 2004 and is a subsidiary of International Airlines Group (IAG), which also owns British Airways, Iberia, and Aer Lingus. Vueling operates flights to destinations in Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.
The airline’s main base is at Barcelona-El Prat Airport, with additional bases at Madrid-Barajas Airport and Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport in Rome. Vueling is known for its low-cost fares and its fleet of Airbus A320 aircraft.
What are the packages Vueling Airlines offer?
Vueling Airlines offers several different fare options for passengers to choose from, including:
- Basic: This is the standard fare that includes the cost of the flight only. Passengers can bring one carry-on bag for free and will be charged for checked baggage.
- Optima: This fare includes the cost of the flight, one checked bag, and the option to change or cancel the flight for a fee. Passengers can bring one carry-on bag for free.
- Excellence: This fare includes the cost of the flight, one checked bag, the option to change or cancel the flight for a fee, and priority boarding. Passengers can bring one carry-on bag for free.
- Family: This fare is designed for families traveling together and includes the cost of the flight, one checked bag, and the option to change or cancel the flight for a fee. Passengers can bring one carry-on bag for free.
- Business: This fare includes the cost of the flight, two checked bags, the option to change or cancel the flight for a fee, priority boarding, and a seat in the front rows of the plane. Passengers can bring one carry-on bag for free.
It’s worth noting that Vueling also offer different options for extra services such as seat selection, extra luggage, travel insurance and more.
Is Vueling Airlines legit?
Yes, Vueling Airlines is a legitimate and certified airline company. The airline is based in Spain, and it is a subsidiary of the International Airlines Group (IAG), which also owns British Airways, Iberia, and Aer Lingus.
It is licensed by the Spanish aviation authority and the European Union to operate flights within Europe and to other destinations worldwide. Vueling Airlines has been in operation since 2004 and it is known for its low-cost fares and its fleet of Airbus A320 aircrafts.
It is a member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and is regularly audited by the authorities and industry bodies.
Who is Vueling Airlines Owned By?
Vueling Airlines is owned by the International Airlines Group (IAG). IAG is a multinational airline holding company based in London, United Kingdom. It was formed in January 2011 as a holding company for British Airways and Iberia.
The company also owns Aer Lingus, Vueling and Level, which are all airlines. IAG is the parent company of these airlines and it operates with a central management structure. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Where Does Vueling Airlines Fly?
Vueling Airlines operates flights to a wide range of destinations throughout Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East. Some of the destinations that Vueling flies to include:
- Spain: Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga, Valencia, Bilbao, Alicante, Seville, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, and more.
- Italy: Rome, Florence, Milan, Venice, and more.
- France: Paris, Nice, Marseille, and more.
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, and more.
- United Kingdom: London, Edinburgh, Manchester, and more.
- Netherlands: Amsterdam, and more.
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki, and more.
- Portugal: Lisbon, Porto, and more.
- Belgium: Brussels, and more.
- Turkey: Istanbul, and more.
- Morocco: Casablanca, Marrakech, and more.
- Tunisia: Tunis, and more.
- Egypt: Cairo, and more.
It is worth noting that Vueling’s route network and destinations are subject to change and may vary depending on the time of the year, so it’s always best to check the airline’s website or contact them directly to confirm the current destinations they are flying to.
What It’s Like to Fly with Vueling Airlines?
Flying with Vueling Airlines can be a budget-friendly option for those looking for a low-cost airline. However, it is important to be aware that as a low-cost airline, Vueling may not offer the same level of amenities and services as a full-service airline.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when flying with Vueling:
- The airline uses a “pay-per-use” model, which means that you’ll have to pay extra for things like checked baggage, seat selection, and food and drinks on board.
- Boarding process can be crowded due to the high number of passengers.
- The seats on Vueling’s Airbus A320 fleet are standard, with a seat pitch of 29 inches.
- Cabin service is minimal, with no free meals or drinks offered on board.
- The airline’s website and mobile app is user-friendly, but some users have reported technical difficulties.
- Vueling Airlines does not have a frequent flyer program.
It’s worth noting that Vueling’s fleet is relatively new and well-maintained, and the airline does have a good safety record. However, it’s a budget airline and if you’re looking for a more comfortable travel experience, it may be better to consider other options.
Does Vueling Airlines Serve Food and Drinks?
Overall, people’s experiences with Vueling Airlines can be mixed. Some people have had positive experiences with the airline and appreciate its low-cost fares, while others have had negative experiences and have criticized the airline for its additional fees and lack of amenities.
Many passengers have praised the airline for its low-cost fares, which can make travel more affordable. Some have also noted that the airline’s Airbus A320 fleet is relatively new and well-maintained.
However, many customers also have negative reviews about the airline, citing poor customer service, long wait times, and hidden fees. Some travelers complained about the additional charges for checked baggage, seat selection, and food and drinks on board, which can make the overall cost of travel more expensive than expected. Some travelers also reported uncomfortable seating, lack of legroom and lack of entertainment on the flight.
It’s worth noting that the experiences of individuals can vary greatly, and it’s always best to do your own research and read reviews from multiple sources before making a decision.
What’s Vueling Airlines Luggage Policy?
Vueling Airlines has a baggage policy that allows passengers to bring one carry-on bag for free, with specific size and weight restrictions. The carry-on bag must not exceed 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm (21.6 in x 15.7 in x 7.8 in) in size and must not weigh more than 10 kg (22 lbs). In addition to the carry-on bag, passengers are also allowed to bring one small personal item, such as a handbag, laptop bag, or small backpack, that must fit under the seat in front of you.
For checked baggage, the airline has different options depending on the fare and route. The Basic fare does not include any checked baggage, while the Optima fare includes one checked bag. The Excellence fare includes two checked bags, and the Family fare includes two checked bags for all passengers traveling on the same booking.
The maximum dimensions for a checked bag are 158 cm (62 in) (length + width + height) and the maximum weight is 23 kg (50 lb) for adult passengers, and 32 kg (70 lb) for baby passengers.
It’s important to note that these restrictions may vary depending on the route and fare, so it’s always best to check the airline’s website or contact the airline directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information. Additionally, if you exceed the free baggage allowance, you will be charged a fee for each additional bag and/or for each additional kilo.
Check-in Process for Vueling Airlines
The check-in process for Vueling airlines can be done in a few different ways:
- Online check-in: Passengers can check in for their flight online, through the Vueling website or mobile app, up to 48 hours before departure.
- Self-service kiosks: Passengers can check in using the self-service kiosks located at the airport, up to 2 hours before departure.
- Check-in counters: Passengers can check in at the airport counter, up to 1 hour before departure.
In all cases, passengers should bring a printed copy of their boarding pass or have it available on their mobile device. They will also need to present a valid government-issued ID or passport at the airport.
If you are traveling with luggage, you will need to drop off your bags at the designated baggage drop-off counter at least 45 minutes before departure.
It’s always good to check the Vueling website for any updates on their check-in process and procedures.
Does Vueling Airlines Have a Cancellation and Refund Policy?
Yes, Vueling Airlines has a cancellation and refund policy in place. The specific details of the policy can vary depending on the fare type and route, so it’s always a good idea to check the specific terms and conditions of your booking.
In general, Vueling’s refund policy allows customers to cancel their flight and request a refund within 24 hours of booking, if the flight is booked at least 7 days before the departure date. This applies to most fare types except for the Basic fare which is non-refundable.
If you need to cancel a flight after the 24 hour period, you will not be eligible for a full refund but you will be able to use the value of the ticket towards a future flight, subject to availability and at a cost.
It’s always good to check the Vueling website for the latest cancellation and refund policy and to contact the Vueling customer service for any questions or issues you may have with your booking.
Vueling Airlines’ customer service reputation varies. Some customers have reported positive experiences with the airline’s customer service, praising the staff for being helpful and responsive to their needs. Others have reported negative experiences, such as poor communication and long wait times when trying to reach customer service.
Vueling offers several ways to contact their customer service, including phone, email, and social media. They also have a FAQ section on their website where customers can find answers to common questions.
It’s always a good idea to check the reviews and ratings of Vueling Airlines‘ customer service before making a booking and to have all the necessary information and documents ready before contacting the customer service, this will help you to have a smooth and efficient experience.
Is Vueling Airlines Worth It?
Whether Vueling Airlines is “worth it” or not will depend on a variety of factors, such as the specific route, fare type, and individual preferences.
On one hand, Vueling is a low-cost airline and therefore is known for offering low fares on flights, particularly to popular vacation destinations throughout Europe. This can make it a good option for budget-conscious travelers. The airline also operates a modern fleet of Airbus A320 family aircraft and has a good frequency of flights in many routes.
On the other hand, as a low-cost carrier, Vueling’s services are more limited than those of a traditional full-service airline, and additional fees may apply for services such as seat selection, baggage, and meals. Additionally, Vueling’s customer service reputation can be mixed, so it is important to check the reviews and ratings before booking, and be prepared to handle any issues that may arise on your own.
Overall, Vueling can be a good option for budget-conscious travelers who are willing to trade some comfort and services for lower fares. But it may not be the best choice for those looking for a more premium experience.
Vueling Airlines provides a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section on their website where customers can find answers to common questions about their services and policies. Here are some examples of the types of questions that may be answered in the FAQ section:
- How do I check in for my flight?
- Can I change or cancel my flight?
- How much baggage am I allowed to bring?
- Can I purchase extra legroom or seating options?
- What forms of payment are accepted for booking?
- What is the policy for traveling with pets?
- How can I contact customer service?
- What are the check-in and baggage drop-off deadlines?
It’s always a good idea to check the FAQ section on the Vueling website before booking or traveling with the airline, as it can provide valuable information and help to avoid any issues or confusion during your trip. If you can’t find the answer to your question or need further assistance, you can also contact the Vueling customer service.