Enterprise Holdings, Inc. is a privately held American car rental company headquartered in Clayton, Missouri. It was founded in 1957 by Jack Taylor as Executive Leasing Company and later renamed Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
The company operates in over 100 countries and territories worldwide, including locations at airports and in local communities. In addition to car rentals, Enterprise offers other transportation services, including car sharing and commercial truck rental.
The company is known for its customer service and its focus on employee training and development. Enterprise has been recognized for its philanthropic efforts and is a partner of the Arbor Day Foundation and United Way.
Overview of Enterprise
Enterprise is a global car rental company headquartered in Clayton, Missouri, USA. The company was founded in 1957 by Jack Taylor as Executive Leasing Company, and later renamed as Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Enterprise is a privately held company and is one of the largest car rental companies in the world. The company operates in over 100 countries and territories worldwide, with more than 10,000 locations, including airport and neighborhood branches.
Enterprise offers a wide range of rental vehicles, including cars, trucks, SUVs, and luxury vehicles. The company also offers a variety of rental programs, including long-term rentals, one-way rentals, and car sharing services.
Enterprise is known for its customer service and commitment to employee training and development. The company has a strong culture of service and encourages its employees to be proactive in meeting customer needs. Enterprise is also committed to sustainability, with a focus on reducing its environmental impact through initiatives such as hybrid and electric vehicle rentals, as well as carbon offsets for its fleet.
Overall, Enterprise is a reliable and customer-focused car rental company with a strong commitment to sustainability and employee development.
Enterprise Pros And Cons
- Large fleet of vehicles, offering a wide range of options to customers
- Many locations worldwide, including airport and neighborhood branches
- Strong focus on customer service and employee training, resulting in high customer satisfaction
- Offers various rental programs, including long-term rentals and car sharing services
- Commitment to sustainability and reducing its environmental impact
- Prices can be higher than some competitors
- Some locations may have limited availability or require advance reservations
- Additional fees, such as insurance and fuel charges, can add to the cost of rentals
- Some customers have reported issues with vehicle maintenance or cleanliness
Enterprise Rental Car Services
Enterprise offers a wide range of rental car services to its customers, including:
- Car rentals: Enterprise offers a variety of rental cars, including economy, compact, midsize, full-size, and luxury vehicles. Customers can also choose from specialty vehicles, such as SUVs, minivans, and trucks.
- Long-term rentals: Enterprise offers long-term rentals for customers who need a vehicle for an extended period, such as several weeks or months.
- One-way rentals: Enterprise offers one-way rentals, allowing customers to pick up a rental car at one location and drop it off at another location, typically for an additional fee.
- Car sharing: Enterprise CarShare is a car sharing service that allows customers to rent cars by the hour, day, or overnight. This service is available in select cities in the US, Canada, and the UK.
- Business rentals: Enterprise offers rental car services for businesses, including small and medium-sized companies, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. The company offers customized solutions and benefits for corporate customers.
- Insurance: Enterprise offers insurance options for rental cars, including collision damage waiver, personal accident insurance, and supplemental liability protection.
- Additional services: Enterprise offers additional services such as GPS navigation, child safety seats, and roadside assistance.
Overall, Enterprise provides a comprehensive range of rental car services to meet the needs of its customers.
Enterprise Rental Car Cost
The cost of renting a car from Enterprise varies depending on a number of factors, including the type of vehicle, rental location, rental period, and any additional services or insurance selected. Generally, the cost of renting a car from Enterprise is competitive with other major car rental companies, but can be higher or lower depending on the specific rental.
Here are some general price ranges for Enterprise rental cars:
- Economy cars: $20-$50 per day
- Compact cars: $25-$60 per day
- Midsize cars: $30-$70 per day
- Full-size cars: $35-$80 per day
- SUVs: $40-$100 per day
- Trucks: $30-$120 per day
Keep in mind that additional fees, such as taxes, surcharges, and optional services like insurance, can also add to the total cost of the rental. It’s always a good idea to compare prices and check for any discounts or promotions before booking with Enterprise or any other rental car company.
Enterprise Customer Service
Enterprise has a strong focus on customer service and aims to provide a positive rental experience for all customers. The company offers several ways for customers to reach out for assistance, including:
- Customer service phone line: Enterprise’s customer service phone line is available 24/7 to answer questions, provide assistance, and help with reservations or rental issues.
- Online chat: Customers can also chat online with Enterprise’s customer service team for quick assistance.
- Email: For less urgent inquiries, customers can reach out to Enterprise via email.
- Social media: Enterprise is active on social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook, and customers can reach out to the company for help via these channels.
- Branch locations: Enterprise has over 7,000 branch locations worldwide, and customers can speak with representatives in-person for assistance.
Overall, Enterprise’s customer service is highly regarded, and the company consistently receives positive feedback from customers for its responsive and helpful support.
Conclusion: Enterprise Rental Car Review
Overall, Enterprise is a reputable and customer-focused car rental company that offers a range of rental car services to meet the needs of its customers. With a wide selection of vehicles, competitive pricing, and strong customer service, Enterprise is a popular choice for travelers and those in need of rental cars.
Some potential downsides to Enterprise include limited locations in some areas, potential for additional fees, and occasional issues with vehicle maintenance or cleanliness. However, these issues appear to be relatively rare and are often quickly addressed by Enterprise’s customer service team.
In general, Enterprise is a solid choice for those in need of rental cars, whether for personal or business use. With a focus on quality service and customer satisfaction, Enterprise is likely to continue to be a popular and trusted car rental provider for years to come.
How old do you have to be to rent a car from Enterprise?
You must be at least 21 years old to rent a car from Enterprise. Drivers between the ages of 21 and 24 may be subject to additional fees.
Does Enterprise offer one-way rentals?
Yes, Enterprise offers one-way rentals between its locations. Additional fees may apply.
Does Enterprise offer airport pickups?
Yes, Enterprise offers airport pickups at many of its locations. Check with your local Enterprise branch for more information.
Can you rent a car from Enterprise with a debit card?
Yes, Enterprise accepts debit cards for payment, but some restrictions may apply. Check with your local Enterprise branch for more information.
Does Enterprise offer insurance?
Yes, Enterprise offers several insurance options for its rental cars, including collision damage waivers and personal accident insurance. Check with your local Enterprise branch for more information.